Terms & Conditions
Welcome to hortonandhorton.com. This website is provided by Horton & Horton Printing as a service to our customers. Please review the basic rules that govern your use of this website. These rules are also referred to as terms and conditions, and you should be aware that your use of the website constitutes your unconditional agreement to follow and be bound by these terms and conditions.
Every online printing firm has terms and conditions similar to ours, but you'll notice a big difference between us and them – our terms and conditions haven't been written by a team of corporate attorneys. There are no hidden gotchas here. It is our earnest desire to make it as easy as possible to do business with our printing firm.
Section A of our terms and conditions will specifically cover "orders placed" with hortonandhorton.com, while Section B applies to "general" terms and conditions of doing business with Horton & Horton Printing.
SECTION A - Terms and Conditions for Ordering Printing
The Horton & Horton Printing Satisfaction Guarantee
We stand 100% behind our products and services. Our goal is for you to be 100% satisfied. If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, please call our customer service team by phone at (501) 455-3168 within 30 days from the date that you receive your printing, and we will happily reprint part or all of your order. Depending on the situation, we may choose to refund the full price of the product(s) in question, excluding postage and freight.
Horton & Horton Printing is wholly committed to our customers' satisfaction, and we continually strive to provide printing that reflects a craftsman's touch. We do everything possible to ensure the highest printing quality, accurate color reproduction, precise cutting and on-time delivery.
However, there are certain circumstances or issues that are beyond our control and are not covered by our guarantee. Here is a list of things that can go wrong that we cannot be responsible for:
- Typos on customer-submitted art. This includes spelling, punctuation, or grammatical errors that were made by the customer.
- Ordering an incorrect quantity. We are not responsible when you accidentally order too much or too little, order the wrong size, choose the wrong type, or order the wrong product.
- Damages to printed products or services that occur after delivery to the customer.
- Design errors that have been submitted in a customer's artwork file.
- Mistakes that occur when the file layout has incorrect information about custom services like folding, three-hole drilling, scoring, or die-cutting.
- Color selection errors, design errors, or inferior-quality resolution files that have been submitted by the customer.
- Shipping charges that occur because of an incorrect shipping address or other shipping-related errors caused by the customer.
We urge you to carefully spend a few moments proofing and double-checking your designs carefully. It probably sounds kind of obvious, but the least costly time to fix a mistake is before you place your order.
This guarantee is also subject to a few other terms and conditions:
- Our full refund guarantee does not apply to shipping claims. However, we will reprint orders damaged or lost by UPS that are not covered by their reimbursement policies.
- We ask that your original order be returned, at our cost, before we begin reprinting or issuing a refund for your order.
- The maximum cash refund per order or customer is $2500. The only remedy for orders over $2500 is for us to reprint the order to correct the problem defects.
- We are not responsible or liable for any damages or claims incurred by you or your business that are caused by printing materials which are defective or incomplete or which you received later than the estimated due date. This guarantee is limited (only) to reprinting of the original order quantity or refund of the purchase price of the order. In no event shall our liability to you for any reason exceed the amount actually paid to us, if any, for or through the use of this website.
- Horton & Horton Printing is not liable for U.S. Postal Service mistakes, loss, or delayed delivery times.
- This guarantee is limited to the full cost of us reprinting your original order or providing a cash refund of up to $2500. This guarantee does not cover fees for mailing services or associated incidental or consequential damages or claims of any kind.
- The prices for goods and services shown on this website are in US dollars ($USD), unless otherwise noted.
- If a visitor to this site submits a request to purchase printing products or services, the visitor has become a user of this site, and the user agrees that all charges, taxes, and shipping fees will automatically be charged to the credit card or paid by the user with a pre-approved payment method.
- Once an order for printing has been approved by the customer and "sent" to the site, no changes are allowed in the deadline times, the artwork files, or the job specifications. After an order for printing has been sent via the website, the customer is responsible for paying the entire amount of the order, unless otherwise noted. In some cases, the refund may be issued to the customer if no work has been started by Horton & Horton Printing. We will only consider these types of refunds when you personally take responsibility to notify us by phone during normal working hours that are posted elsewhere on the site.
All requests to purchase printing must be submitted with a mutually approved and agreed upon payment method. If you have any questions on payment plans, please call us at your earliest convenience.
Approved methods for payment include, but are not limited to, any of the following methods.
- Credit card or debit card. This is how most of our customers pay us. We use a very secure server that encrypts your payment data so that only our computers can decode and understand it. Credit card payments are very safe with us.
- Payment by check. We accept business checks, but we may ask you to mail us a check before we begin to process your work.
- Open accounts. We do accept open accounts at our printing firm for government and educational institutions and for pre-approved local and regional businesses. If you would like details about how to open an account at our printing firm, please call us in advance of placing your order. We'd be happy to discuss the details and explain the payment options and terms available to you.
SALES TAX POLICY
Horton & Horton Printing is required to collect state sales tax on all printing purchases shipped to any state(s) where we are required to pay sales tax. If your organization has a sales tax exemption, it is important to understand that is your responsibility to supply us with written copies of your sales tax exemption forms before your order is shipped.
The prepress department at Horton & Horton Printing inspects most artwork files before printing, but you are still 100% responsible for the accuracy of your print-ready artwork files. We encourage you to take a few moments and carefully inspect and proofread your files carefully before submitting them to our website.
We provide easy-to-understand file preparation tutorials in the Help Center of our website. There, you will also find a large collection of layout templates that will make it much easier for you to create print-ready files. Finally, we would remind you that the postal and mailing regulations from the United States Postal Service are subject to change, and it is your sole responsibility to submit artwork that complies with the current mailing guidelines provided by the USPS.
We allow customers to pick up completed jobs at our printing firm. We suggest that you call before visiting, so we can have everything ready to go for you.
Horton & Horton Printing also delivers jobs locally. If you would like us to deliver your job, please add one extra day to the timeline of the project
All other shipping is done via United Parcel Service (UPS). Through UPS, we provide next-day delivery, three-day delivery, and standard five-day ground.
EDITING, DELETING, OR MODIFICATION OF THIS WEBSITE
We reserve the right, for any reason, to edit this website. That means, without advance notice, we may suspend, discontinue, edit, or delete current offers, documents, information, products, services, or any other content appearing in this website.
We are a locally owned company that does business regionally and nationally. If you are a locally owned neighboring business and find yourself in a "printing crisis," we urge you to simply pick up the phone and give us a call. We will do everything we can to help you solve your problem quickly and at a reasonable cost. Every customer is important to us, but sometimes we are able to do extraordinary things for our neighboring local businesses because of time and distance advantages. We often work early or late or weekends to hit important deadlines. Please call us, we can help.
SECTION B - GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS WEBSITE
This website is protected by copyright laws. The graphic design, content, and images on this website may not be reproduced, published displayed, or reproduced in any way, in whole or in part. This website is considered the intellectual property of Horton & Horton Printing, and we respectfully ask that you not copy, transmit, distribute, or create a derivative work based upon the content and materials of this website.
This website contains a lot of content, ideas, tips, and articles related to printing, graphic arts, and marketing. This content is also subject to the US Copyright Act of 1976, Title 17 of the United States Code, and may not be copied for use in your publications or newsletters without prior written consent of Horton & Horton Printing. If you are a customer of Horton & Horton Printing and would like permission to use one of our articles in your company publication, please call us, and we would be happy to consider giving you permission to do so, as long as you would be willing to credit your source (Horton & Horton Printing).
Okay, this is kind of an odd one, but if you use this website to submit orders for a third-party, you are responsible for any error in the accuracy of the information provided in connection with such use. In other words, if a mistake is made, on behalf of a third-party, it is not our liability; it is yours. In addition, it is your responsibility to inform the third-party of all terms and conditions applicable to the purchase of their printed products or services. You, as the user of this site, agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from, and against, any and all losses, liabilities, and lawsuits related to the third-party as a result of you using this site on their behalf. You, as the user, are directly responsible for any requests submitted and the related costs, fees, and performance obligations.
TERMINATION OF USAGE
We reserve the right to terminate or suspend access to all or any part of this site at any time, without notice, and without reason.
Horton & Horton Printing is not responsible for any errors or delays in responding to requests for information or problems with an order caused by an incorrect e-mail address provided by you.
The terms and conditions listed here supersede any prior understanding or agreement (whether oral or written) regarding the subjects related to printing products and services that are presented on this website. If any provisions of this agreement are found to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not in any way be affected or nullified.